Anyone done this ?

Ivan

Mate of mine has a Series III 109 6 Cylinder. He has a chance of a 2.5 TD Engine from an LDV van. Has anyone fitted one of these before ? If so what needs to be changed (e.g. Gbox etc) or will it bolt straight onto a Series GBox ?

Would this be the same engine as the 19J TD fitted to LRs' ? If so then I can use Les' Catflap II project as a guide.

TIA

Ivan

I got a LT77 from a 400LDV, it used the same bellhousing and clutch parts as the 200TDi Land Rovers, and therefore bolts straight-up to a series III engine as well. All going well if it's the same 2.5TD (and not a peugeot lump) as what a Freight Rover shared with Land Rover it should drop in, with modified engine mounts naturally

In theory, but just remembered that the 2.6 6 cylinder uses a different bell-housing to the 2.25/2.5/200TDi as it is 11 bolt instead of twelve bolt. You would need to also change the bellhousing if it is running a 2.6 6 cylinder at present, to the bell housing used on the 2.25 SIII gearbox

OK, thanks for that. Not a problem as we have a couple of Series III 2.25 gboxes floating around.

Ivan

should be nay problem, as a final sanity check if this LDV engine is out at present and you can get to the clutch area, take a bell housing off of your 2.25 diesel/petrol lump with you and offer it up to the engine, if it fits jobs a good'un :)