TDi 300 Injectors

Rolly

I've taken off the high pressure lines and the overflow hoses and removed the locking plate bolt so what next?

Are they supposed to pop out easily or is there something I don't know about? Do they unscrew?

Never been near an injector before so any help will be appreciated.

Cheers, Steve.

They slide out once the locking plate is out of the way, but there is a special tool (a slide hammer with a fitting that screws onto the top of the injector where the pipe goes on) which is usually required to persuade anything that has been in there for longer than 5 min :)

You could make something with a bit of welding if you can find an old injector pipe to get the fitting off, and something to stick on the end to act as a lightweight slide hammer - maybe a bit of stud bar with a nut on the top end, and an oversized nut you could slide up and down as the "hammer".

Thanks for the quick replies.

Good news is I figured it out. Bad news is I took the tappet cover off to allow easier access and then saw all the broken bits lying in there. :lol:

Oh well, I was looking forward to that lift kit and 235 85 Discoverer STT's too. They'll have to wait awhile now.

Time to go engine shopping. Have to decide if I want to pay someone to put the new motor in or do it myself..... I'm really, really, really sick of playing with cars but I'll see how much they want to charge me. My workplace has a crane and every tool under the sun so I might see if I can talk a couple of mates into lending a hand.....might have to bribe them with alcohol though.

The top portion of the injector has two flat edges and a no 15 metric fits on them. My 300Tdi's injectors were "stuck", but once I started applying pressure on the spanner, in both directions, the injector started moving and eventually I managed to pull it out without using a sliding hammer.

They slide out once the locking plate is out of the way, but there is a special tool (a slide hammer with a fitting that screws onto the top of the injector where the pipe goes on) which is usually required to persuade anything that has been in there for longer than 5 min :)

You could make something with a bit of welding if you can find an old injector pipe to get the fitting off, and something to stick on the end to act as a lightweight slide hammer - maybe a bit of stud bar with a nut on the top end, and an oversized nut you could slide up and down as the "hammer".

The only difficulty is finding nuts of the correct thread - I took an old injector to the local nuts and bolts place and bought a few nuts. Then welded on a bit of tube with an old gear wheel which slides. So now I have a real 'Land Rover' special tool as the gear wheel was from a series box :)

I have forgotten the pitch of the injector union except I know it is not a 'normal' size.