Dorsetl lanes around Purbeck

DrRob

Off to Dorset soon - Purbeck. Love it :rolleyes:

Done the ORPAs at Corfe and Lulworth (superb views) but was wondering about some of the others in the area

Can anybody with local knowledge help me? Probably best to PM rather than openly discuss here.

Appreciate any help

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob

Would recommend you purchase an ordnance survey map "Tour 9 Travel Map" which covers Dorset and Somerset.

These Tour maps (blue in colour) have everything worth seeing/visiting on them, but not byways.

Personally I would recommend you take a drive up to "Cranborne Chase" north of Blandford Forum. Stunning veiws.

Durdle Door

p196454679-5.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi Big-Jer!

Thanks for your reply. Was down there a while back now but will drop you a line before the next trip.

Did the small lane near Tyneham last time, well the bit that isn't TRO.

Do they lift the TRO as per the sign on the gate near the look out car park just east of Tyneham?

Know it?

Ta

Rob

PS Are you the ssme BigJer as on the SADLRC website forum?

• 8 months later...

My dad and i are local to dorset and have all of the relevant OS maps for that area. We use OL15 (Purbeck and South Dorset). We mark out all of the byways with highlighter pens and colour code them as per their designations( byway, opra, ucr, restricted byway, etc).