Rear seats

I need to fit some seats into the back of my king cab, for my 2 kids. Idealy i would like to fit bucket seats with harneses but i am finding it difficult to get any that are suitable for children, can anyone recomend a supplier? failing that can anyone recomend some suitable seats? Mounting them is not an issue as i will be making them removable anyway.

Thanks Jason

Hi kids are aged 3 and 7 one is very short and the other quite tall for his age lol, seats are mainly for offroad use, which is why i wanted bucket seats. I want to be able to fit harneses to keep them secure. I was concerned that normal seats with boosters may move around. All the bucket seats ive found are too tall for children, but im sure there is something out there as i have seen them in offroad buggies. I have a pair of plastic bucket seats that need reupholstering, i could easily cut lower harness holes into it but i do not know where i can get it re covered in lincolnshire.

thanks Jason

How about getting a proper child seat http://www.britax.co.uk/car-seats/adventure/ this one is for age up to 12, and 35kg, then use the seatbelt to hold the kids into the seat.

If you want to you could secure the kids seats to the main seats (ratchets ?) or graft some seats in that have isofix (I have just put 3x Renault Scenic second row seats in to my 110 and they have Isofix).

Or you could get the kids seats and use a harness to fit around the seat (many have holes at the top and sides for left or right hand fitting).

I would replace the existing seat belt anchor bolts with ones with a eye on them on them and get your harness that has clips onto the rings and you can remove the harness as required.

This way you are remaining legal, as safe as you can, and will be able to get the kids out easily/stop them from getting out, whats more as your still using standard fittings and proper car seats, you can travel to and from the events without having insurance worries.

Also get some padding for the harenesses.

Finally, once you have done this, consider getting a second opinion on your work from a qualified MOT tester type person... Not sure you get a second chance with safety...

Just my opinion...

if you ever intend to use it on the road with kids in them - there are really only 2 options.

- horribly expensive child friendly seats with integral 3 point harness from exmoor

- horribly expensive child friendly seats with integral 3 point harness as fitted the late defender CSW

none of the other seats available are tested and certified to fit a child seat, booster seat, person under 135cm tall. Insurance company will frown mightily if the worst happened and that could lead you to having lost the most important things in your life AND being prosecuted AND being uninsured.

If its jsut for offroading, then i dont see why a bucket seat with MASSIVE spreader plates all round wouldnt do the trick. But its your choice and your kids.

Personally, i only have 1 child and she sits up front with me in a proper child seat. Front seats in defenders are certified for child seats so i know they are safe. Wife sits in the back on a cheapy exmoor trim fold up seat :-)