Hub damper - Is this right?..

ThreeSheds

The hub dampers on my 1990 RRC are held on by two countersunk screws which (according to several sources, including 'requests for parts numbers') are FTC3455.

I have ordered and had delivered four of these screws which turn out to be much smaller than the ones fitted.

So - do these look right? I am thinking that it is 'unusual' to countersink the holes so that they break through the sides of the damper and I am wondering if someone has fitted oversized screws at some stage?

gallery_3439_704_71685.jpg

Cheers!

Just had a look at my dampers and the csk head screws on mine fit within the csk machined dampers (recessed by about 1-2mm below the face)so if mine are correct then someone has fitted oversize screws to yours.

I think mine are also standard pozi-drive heads as well although its difficult to see with the splash shield in place

By the way - think you could do with some new seals on the hubs :P

I did mine recently (cheated and cut them at the top so no need to dismantle everything and its lovely and dry under there now

Just had a look at my dampers and the csk head screws on mine fit within the csk machined dampers (recessed by about 1-2mm below the face)so if mine are correct then someone has fitted oversize screws to yours.

Thanks for that - I checked with a dealer and he said that the FTC3455 was for my model year but with ABS, and that mine (1990 non-ABS) should use FTC1623, so I have some of those on the way now.. Worst case is that they are the same but without the threadlock (over the phone I couldn't establish the difference), but I will report back when I see them.

By the way - think you could do with some new seals on the hubs :P

Yes - seals and seal retainers are in garage waiting for me to fit them.. :)