front diff for D2 +

Bob RRC

urgent question - please advise me front diff for D2 (2000 MY) is the same as in D1 (from 94 MY) or P38 or its unique ????

my is going to die and i want to replace with used one, but from what car: D1 or P38 ????

Yes to a Discovery 1, not sure about p38.

Any 24 spline diff will fit so also consider front or rear diffs out of any 300Tdi age 90, or the front diff out of a similar age 110. Should be tonnes of them about.

It should be a long nose diff ie the same as D 1. A quick look underneath will tell you. Later D 2's have the short nose P38 type Diff.

long nose sticks out approx 200mm from axle casing and short nose sticks out approx 160mm, ratio's are the same but they have different bolt patterns so aren't interchangeable.

Steve

It should be a long nose diff ie the same as D 1. A quick look underneath will tell you. Later D 2's have the short nose P38 type Diff.

long nose sticks out approx 200mm from axle casing and short nose sticks out approx 160mm, ratio's are the same but they have different bolt patterns so aren't interchangeable.

Steve

so i take complete diff from D1 and it will fit D2 without any problems ?????? (if i have long nose diff)

I've never heard of long/short nose diffs on D2. AFAIK and EPC tells, there's only one type of diffs throughout the series.

Assuming long/short nose would mean a different overall length, this would imply a different propshaft length. Again, there's only one prop version front/rear (depending on engine and transmission) throughout the series.