From EFI to carb

Riceburner

I have a 3.9 D1 and the EFI has been giving me endless shait. I am reverting back to SU's. One guy here done it and his disco runs very well, better than mine with efi. I have been spending 4 weeks replacing everything I could think of without success. Anyone here done the same??

I like carbs personally, ok I know they are old tech and can't be tuned like a modern EFI.

That said, I wouldn't run twin SU's, good reliable carbs they might be, but you'll drop HP and probably use more fuel.

Personally I'd look at an Edelbrock high rise manifold and a Weber/Edlebrock 500cfm 4 brl carb.

Either that or look into a megasquirt conversion.

For the love of god, if you must go back to the dark ages don't fit a Weber/Edelbrock or Holley, they're pants especially off-road. I had both on my 3.9 and neither were as good as the ratty Flapper EFi system I bolted on before going MegaSquirt shortly afterwards.

If you're completely allergic to wiring then go back to stock carbs, but for the price of a Weber carb you could go MegaSquirt & EDIS and have significantly better performance, reliability, and waterproofness.