can anyone help!!!!

boy

hello people one off my mate has just got a 300tdi disco and has got sum probs with the flashers and the brake lights

and i've been rope in to fixing it!!

the flasher flash fast on the left and the rigth i think its the relay and may be a dodgy connetion!!

the brake lights arent working but i have tested the switch and thats ok but no feed going to the lights!!!

can anyone help please!!!

dave

hello people one off my mate has just got a 300tdi disco and has got sum probs with the flashers and the brake lights

and i've been rope in to fixing it!!

the flasher flash fast on the left and the rigth i think its the relay and may be a dodgy connetion!!

the brake lights arent working but i have tested the switch and thats ok but no feed going to the lights!!!

can anyone help please!!!

dave

Electronic flasher units normally only flash quickly when one of the bulbs has gone. If they're all working then maybe the flasher unit is stuffed.

The brake lights could be the bulbs (swap one for a known good bulb to see) or a a dodgy wire or connection. Get your mate to hold the pedal down and see where you get a feed. The brake light wires are green/purple stripe.

Did he ever see the lights working properly?

Has it got indicators in both the main rear light clusters and in the bumper, and are they both working (i.e. 2 left and 2 right indicators on the rear of the vehicle, plus the normal side repeaters and the front indicators)?

The most common cause of quick flashy syndrome is that the lights in the bumper pack up because they fill up with mud and water even in road use, and if a bulb is blown then the load on the flasher relay is wrong and it flashes quickly. Sometimes a wiggle and/or some WD40 will sort it out but usually you might as well dump the fittings to start with and put new ones in because that's what you'll end up doing anyway.

I may be wrong but I have a vague notion that the brake light switch made an earth for the brakelights rather than supplying 12V to them. You need to check it out on a wiring diagram but assuming that is the case, the fault will be somewhere in the supply side not in the earth side.