some advice please

discomikey

i was going for one of my frequent dives underneath my discovery the other day, just to check that all was well, i noticed two things

one, that my disc brake is badly pitted on my front passengers side, (live with that im not on road) it doesent have seemed to affect performance and the only reason that i thought to check the brakes was the slight pulsing sensation on break pedal when pressed (sort of like a weak ABS pulsing)

anyway, my main problem is that i noticed an unusual looking bolt head in my bellhousing, i thought, ooh bloody hell that looks like a wading plug? turned out it was. i have owned my discovery for over a year and never put this in, no one else will have put it in either. which means that its been in for at least a year :unsure: it doesent seem to have affected the clutch etc, but when i took it out it was covered in a black soot type dust. (clutch dust?) and a smell of clutch burn.

am i going to have to expect a new clutch soon?

PS, i have a spare brake disc i can replace with.

mikey

Pulsing in the pedal is a warped disc, you should be able to see this by jacking up and spinning each wheel, the runout on the disc (side to side movement) should be fairly obvious.

As for the clutch - depends on how you drive it. If you drive it the way I think you do, yes its probably fkd but the wading plug in itself isnt a problem unless there is a leak inside

there is no leak inside (was surprised at this) disc isnt warped, checked when i found pitting.

so all i need is a new headlight and surround, (and to rebuild that wall that jumped in my way)

mikey