lpg query

audiman

just a quick query

got 2 36 litre sill mounted lpg tanks bit exposed when greenlaning

can they be relocated to the boot easily enough or have I got to get a boot tank

just wondering if anyone else has done this?

cheers

Lee :rolleyes:

just a quick query

got 2 36 litre sill mounted lpg tanks bit exposed when greenlaning

can they be relocated to the boot easily enough or have I got to get a boot tank

just wondering if anyone else has done this?

cheers

Lee :rolleyes:

Don't see why you can't do what you are suggesting.

It's only a question of bolting them in place with a suitable mounting frame and making up new pipe work.

However, you will need to make sure the multi-valves have gas tight boxes over them that are vented to outside the car. Most under slung tanks don't have them fitted. If you need these boxes Ebay should be a good place to look.

I am in the process of adding sill tanks to my RRC to complement the under boot floor pair. I don't do anything serious with it to worry about them hitting the ground.

well i broke a tank strap on a pay and play site and my disco is not lifted

been told by local gas fitter that tanks themselves are pretty much indestructable its the straps that will give just worried I may rip one off thats all

thanks for the info

lee

It is possible to fit a single tank where the existing petrol tank goes and have a small "get you started" petrol tank. Have a look at the RPI website for this.

It is also possible (although I haven't screwed up the courage to do it yet!) to just have the LPG tank and do without the petrol altogether, by making an adjustment to how the vehicle behaves when it starts.

Although you off road types raise the suspension a couple of feet, I can see the point in not wanting to compromise all that hard work by having two "bombs" dragging along the mud and holding you back.

On the other hand, my interest in wanting to move my tanks is to lower the suspension................ :)