IGNITION LIGHT RESISTOR 2.5 TD

CURLY

as above really, i'm looking for the part number for an ignition light resistor for my 2.5 td, as i think mine has had it..

Cheers,

CURLY

Having just found a value for it in the 200 tdi wiring diagram (1000 ohms) the maximum power this thing could ever dissipate is 0.196 of a Watt, so "2W Res 1K D1K £0.22" on this page here would do just fine, if you don't mind a minor mod to your harness to fit it - the joys of heatshrink :moglite:

Having just found a value for it in the 200 tdi wiring diagram (1000 ohms) the maximum power this thing could ever dissipate is 0.196 of a Watt, so "2W Res 1K D1K £0.22" on this page here would do just fine, if you don't mind a minor mod to your harness to fit it - the joys of heatshrink moglite.gif

be interested to know where & in which wiring diagram you found that resistor value, no mention in my genuine Defender workshop manual about it on the wiring diagrams/

be interested to know where & in which wiring diagram you found that resistor value, no mention in my genuine Defender workshop manual about it on the wiring diagrams/

Sorry, it was a 300Tdi diagram, but I think my logic holds :)

Source of diagram 300TDi 97 model year, see page 4.1., Item G101

Extract of diagram:

post-8420-125075273935_thumb.gif

1E3 is written in full as 1 x 103 or 1000 Ohms. At 12V this allows a current of 12mA (0.012A). The warning light is shown as 1.2W, which at 12V gives a resistance of 172.8 Ohms. I guess from this that the resistor value is a compromise between providing sufficient excitation current when the bulb has blown vs. the bulb only coming on dimly (because of the parallel resistor).

No worries, one more regular question sorted! :i-m_so_happy:

was it a regular question then?

i did a search, but can never find what i'm looking for!

many thanks for your help you guys, i bought a prc 9096 one in the end, and with a bit of jiggery pokery managed to make it work in my butchered loom!

Cheers,

CURLY

was it a regular question then?

i did a search, but can never find what i'm looking for!

many thanks for your help you guys, i bought a prc 9096 one in the end, and with a bit of jiggery pokery managed to make it work in my butchered loom!

Cheers,

CURLY

About three or four times in the last month or so, I think, but this is the first time we've managed to work the value of it in ohms!

Ah, the search facility - some patience required there, but no worse than Goggle.

Happy to help (that's why some of us are here, that and trying to beat Mr Western to a reply now and again ;) ). You're a cyber-member of one of the biggest un-official rescue orgnisations in the world!

About three or four times in the last month or so, I think, but this is the first time we've managed to work the value of it in ohms!

Ah, the search facility - some patience required there, but no worse than Goggle.

Happy to help (that's why some of us are here, that and trying to beat Mr Western to a reply now and again wink.gif ). You're a cyber-member of one of the biggest un-official rescue orgnisations in the world!

:rofl:

glad you managed to get it sorted.