Genuine V8 90

Costs per mile i have worked out are nowhere near £1 a mile! the 206 currently costs about £0.16 per mile working with the current 30mpg i get. My calculations with the v8 90 are working on 13mpg for Gas and 20mpg for Petrol, giving me 18p and 26p per mile repectively. Going megasquirt should improve the MPG slightly, making it run at its best.

Of course a 90 and especially a V8 is going to be more expensive to run than some boring eco box. and the V8 noise is worth it alone, without taking into consideration that it happens to be attached to my favourite bit of engineering! Dream car + expense = well worth it!

I also have a crackpot theory :P... that an exhaust as loud as is legal will reduce the use of the loud pedal :unsure:

I might as well my dislike of the Rover V8 when doing long periods off-road at crawling speeds. The engine gets a lot hotter than any other Land Rover engine, and the cooling needs to be absolutely A1 to avoid overheating problems. Compare that to a diesel that will more than likely not even need its fan when the V8 would boil over if the fans weren't racing away!

At least that's my perception of them now after having seen various ones struggling to keep cool, while diesel motors trundled around without a problem (even with half the radiator fins missing).

So bear this in mind when you come to purchase one.

:wub:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1984-LAND-ROVER-defender-90-county-csw-d90-v8-auto_W0QQitemZ260467237868QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item3ca50ea3ec&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_654wt_1165 :wub:

After going out on sunday with the Swindon lot, and Driving John's Rangie... I now want an auto! :ph34r: never thought i'd say this!!!!

My first car was a 90 V8 '85. it had larger brake calipers at the front, 4 pin diff rear only, front was std. 10 spline stuff. The halfshafts rear are CONSIDERABLY stronger than 300tdi stuff. Almost salisbury like. There was this funny exhaust gas recycle thing, which I blocked. It was by the time I bought it fitted with a pair of brand new SU's. It swalloved juice like a Polish h*re :D But I loved it! Being a first year apprentice back then I could by no means afford to drive it. But that only made it more exclusive and made me enjoy it everytime I could jump off the bike and get into the car for a drive. I agree with the fact that the fueltank is WAY too small. But if you bring a jerrycan with petrol it can actually bring you quite a distance with a gentle throttle. Now I have a 110" V8 from '87. I have been over several diesel's including 2,5TD, 2,25D n/a and a stage one optimized disco 200 TDI. I like diesels but nothing beats a V8. It's simplicity, it's ruggedness, the surge of power that just continues on and on and on. and ofcourse the SOUND! But there are to sides to this sound, as loud and furious as it can sound when you hammer it, it can be just as quiet and laisy. Just today I was going into the nearest town for a haircut. When a Nissan GR turned op besides me at the lights. He revved his pathetic no-torqued 2,8 TD. I didn't do anything other than select second gear. When the lights changed I gave it hell! And goodbye Nissan! :ph34r::D

slightly off topic but where can you buy interior or these tunnels? lt77 and r380 tunnel carpets and matting doesnt fit. i really want a clean ideally new interior but carnt find anything. Exmoore nope nothing. anyideas?