one for the sva police!!

ste clark

Oooooooooooooo :D

Missed that, that is really positive as said pick up = Never made

You may be OK

There is also the "Don't poke the sleeping beatie unless you have to" view

Could you get a note post sale saying it was looked at by XXX / DVLA etc / any paperworj re this

/ and changed to pickup, and then that plus log book saying pickup would be 99% there ?

Nige

Oooooooooooooo :D

Missed that, that is really positive as said pick up = Never made

You may be OK

There is also the "Don't poke the sleeping beatie unless you have to" view

Could you get a note post sale saying it was looked at by XXX / DVLA etc / any paperworj re this

/ and changed to pickup, and then that plus log book saying pickup would be 99% there ?

Nige

as said i just found the one letter saying the dvla would like to inspect the vehicle.. and nothing else apart from the log book reads discovery pickup..

i am going to send the log book off for a colour change this week anyway as canary yellow aint my thing!! will see if anything comes back off that...

am just curious if it has been done properly or not as i might sell it when it is done and dont want any come backs off it..

When I did the trayback conversion to my disco I sent the V5 back to amend it to a 2 door pickup and a change of colour. They sent a questionnaire asking about all the changes I had done, stating that on the basis of my answers they would decide whether it needed to be inspected or not. They asked for photos "if available". I answered it truthfully and factually but din't send photos and a few days later my V5 came back as a Red 2 door Discovery Pickup. HOWEVER. Since doing the conversion it has not been retested and has not been used on the highway and gets trailered to events or used around the farm. With all the issues that have come to light regarding SVA, etc, (all of which have happened since I did the conversion), I would be very reluctant to now try and drive my truck or something similar on the road without first having it checked by the DVLA and getting it in writing that it did not require SVA or else putting it through a commercial test if needed.

Today DVLA will ask the questions but a while back simply sending off the V5 with the change of body style would suffice.

So how long ago was the conversion and the letter asking for inspection?

You could today do a conversion to a pickup or trayback without having to have an SVA as long as you don't modify the chassis.

A bobtail cannot be done without chopping off the back of the chassis so will require SVA.

Steve

lifted from the appropriate website :

Scoring components

The following values will be allocated to the major components used:

* chassis or body shell (body and chassis as one unit - monocoque ie direct replacement from the manufacturer) (original or new) = 5 points

* suspension = 2 points

* axles = 2 points

* transmission = 2 points

* steering assembly = 2 points

* engine = 1 point

Where there is evidence that two vehicles have been welded together to form one (ie 'cut and shut') a 'Q' mark will be allocated, IVA, ESVA, SVA or MSVA will be required.

So you can score 9 points without counting the body, so in theory you have got your 8 points. It says where 2 vehicles have been welded together you'll get a Q plate, but it doesnt say anything about a shortened chassis. I know a Series 3 thats been running on a shortened rangy chassis for years, and no-ones every commented on that.