Range Rover 3.9 hotwire

Olsin PETRO

Dear All,

i Have a very nice and pretty Range Rover Classic of 1990 manual which has only 30.000 miles on it.

I might go automatic but i am still thinking about it.

I have found it sleeping in a garage and so i bought it. Don't ask the price as you will start crying why you haven't find it before me. :D It has no lambdas.

I have put in an expensive LPG sequential system on it and now is very cheap to run around.

I have heard and read a lot about this Megasquirt and EDIS8, i was wondering if there is someone who can build and sell me a complete system for my car. Including here Spark and Fuel. I am a simpe mechanic and know very little about electronic and set up. So a complete plug and play system i would like. Engine is standart 3.9, but just in case i have a spare one from a Disco 1997, serpentine.

I am not after the cheaper and faster solution but for a reliable system which will have my car going well for some years to come.

Any ideas?? :)

Just dropping in a MS system is not that easy.

I would leave it as it is unless you are having issues and failures.

If you had bought the car to go play in mud and water then MS/EDIS would be the route but I suspect this car is going to see an easier life.

Steve

But with LPG I would always advise either MS or MJ for the dual maps - even if it runs ok now, it will run better with that big fat EDIS spark!

If you have an 'expensive LPG system' and you run mainly on LPG then MegaJolt would be a cheaper and easier option, and IIRC is available 'off the shelf' from someone on this forum.. A quick search should find them :) (I think it might be RangeyRover)

Plug and play kits are doable (I've done a few) but I hate doing them so they're quite expensive :ph34r:

It's not too arduous a task to convert using a wiring tail, it's mostly working out which wires you no longer need :P which should only require a basic knowledge of how to read a wiring diagram and use a multimeter's continuity buzzer (Rover use the same wiring colours more than once in the loom).

I do ECU's and all that but there is a bit of a backlog at the moment, I'd guestimate a month's wait for an ECU & EDIS etc.