cv joint

rocky

Hi, While pulling a large shrub out with my disco 300tdi i heard a loud clicking noise from the front offside wheel while on full lock, i presume that it is a worn cv joint. Is it an involved job to fit a new one or is it fairly straight forward? Any help appreciated.

Regards, rocky

Hi, While pulling a large shrub out with my disco 300tdi i heard a loud clicking noise from the front offside wheel while on full lock, i presume that it is a worn cv joint. Is it an involved job to fit a new one or is it fairly straight forward? Any help appreciated.

Regards, rocky

Trust the Technical Archive: Watch with Les

I've just had this experience and without les's guide might given it a go. actually not a problem apart from the muck from the one shot which in my case had almost all leaked out the swivel seal.

really is a piece of tiddle to do problem will be all the other things that might need doing at the same time. If you can try checking the preload on the swivel it makes an enormous difference to your steering all my wobbles are gone.

gav

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, just an update on the cv joint i thought was u/s. After doing a bit of off-roading near Glenlivet the clicking noise increased quite a bit--took the wheel off tonight and found the backplate bent, there was a rough bit on the disc that was catching and making quite a noise. Alway nice when you don't have to spend!! should have looked at it earlier. Regards, rocky