Getting the 200tdi out of a Disco 1?

Cartman

Seeing as this is the Disco section of the forum I thought I should drift down here with the question?

I am breaking a '93 Disco 1 and now need to pull both the gearbox and the 200tdi lump out. Access to the flywheel/bellhousing nuts looks like a PITA compared to a Series/Defender set-up so are there easy way's around it or should I just lop a hole in the tx tunnel?

If anyone is interested the reast of the Disco is being broken down in the For Sales section here ;) ---> http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=46640

Paul

No one will want the bodyshell.

Cut the whole darn bulkhead off - including the tunnel. Decide if you you want to keep any of the other bits, if you don't then just grind or sabre saw your way in.

G.

No one will want the bodyshell.

Cut the whole darn bulkhead off - including the tunnel. Decide if you you want to keep any of the other bits, if you don't then just grind or sabre saw your way in.

G.

Shell will be weighed in along with the chassis and anything else no-one has a desire for ;) The main bits someone 'may' want are the front and rear axles, long input shaft LT77 and Disco tx box. Chances are I will not be taking the diffs so they will be up for grabs to.

I have an almost bottomless pit of 1mm chop disks for the 4" grinder so if needs must then Mr Happy Chopper will come-a-hacking :)