LPG Problems

dod51e

Hi Guys,

I have a bit of a problem with my LPG system. On first start I have the usual lights on the LPG switch (red for petrol and flashing amber indicating that it will switch to gas when ready and the green level lights). It starts as usual on petrol but when the throttle is blipped to over 2000rpm and allowed to drop, the usual method to convert to gas all I get is the car still running on petrol, all the lights go out on the switch and the solenoids do not open! If I try to start on LPG from cold (which it will..would…do in this weather I get nothing and the lights go out.

If I subsequently try to restart the engine I again get no switch lights and it only runs on petrol!

The 12v+ supply is good to the Leonardo unit and the A&R amp!

If I jump a 12v+ to the blue wire on the solenoids they will open and gas can be heard but the engine cuts out immediately!

The car is a 1992 RRC with an engine from a 1993 (donor car did have cats but my ’92 does not; do I need to update the wiring to link in the Lambda sensor fitted for the LPG to go to the ECU?)

AEB Leonardo 175 Electronic Feedback System

AEB Pitagora 4cyl emulators x 2

Electronic stepper motor in gas pipe to mixer

Lambda sensor in n/s exhaust

OMVL R90/E vaporiser

A&R ignition amp

The system was running fine, if uneconomically, prior to the immobiliser burning out the other day. I have disconnected the immobiliser as it only broke the circuit in the ignition and starter wires under the steering column!

Any ideas or advice welcomed with open arms!!

I don’t suppose you have a pdf of the wiring for a LeonardoAEB (about 93 vintage) set up or know where I can get one?

Cheers

Mark

bypassing the solenoid wiring seems to confirm that the solenoid works, but other components will likely need to be active to run on LPG so i would suspect looking further upstream - i don't know how LPG systems are controlled but if it uses some kind of ECU or control unit i would start from there and check the basics like wiring and any fuses