Chassis Mounts ??

Tom.H

Ok

Nothing on my vehicle seems to be simple or easy.

I dont seem to have the standard mounts on my Discovery 1 chassis …. The ones which would hold the bracket below (From a Dico damper relocation kit) onto the chassis:

Chassis-Plate.jpg

I only have them on the driver side of the chassis.

I dont know whether theyve grinded of by the previous owner.

Does anyone know if I can buy replacement mounts/brackets …. Which I can get someone to weld on.

I know I could probably buy the equivalent tube and cut it down. Although if its available as a spare it would probably work out cheaper and easier.

If anyone doesnt have a clue what Mounts I am talking about …. Heres a picture on the ones on the drivers side of the chassis:

DSC05715.jpg

DSC05717.jpg

I made my own damper relocation bracket once its a great mod to do..

Thats odd you don't have the mounts the other side as these are the holes for where the steering box would be if you have a left hand drive...

every 90 110 disco i have owed and worked on has these steering box mounting holes on both sides of the chassis..

maybe some one has repaired the chassis at some point..

but as said i would just drill some new holes through the chassis for the bracket.