hand throttle

dave88sw

bought a hand throttle a while ago from a land rover show and ive got round to thinking about fitting it.

Thing is, all i bought was the lever etc that bolts to the bulkhead and nothing that links it to the carb. Having looked it up on tinterweb, it looks like all there is to it is a rod from the lever to the throttle linkage and another lever that clamps to the throttle rod to move the linkage. However, looking at it, i cannot for the life of me work out how it works.

The lever has teeth to lock the handle in place when youve selected the speed you want, so the lever cant move, but in that case, how does the standard throttle pedal work when the hand throttle is connected because surely the rod between the throttle linkage aqnd the hand throttle linkage would prevent it moving?

Or have i missed something, does it only work in one rotation of the throttle linkage, so that the hand throttle can push on the throttle linkage but not affect the pedals movement?

Any help is greatfully received.

Also, could anybody tell me the part numbers for the linkage that i need for the hand throttle, i could make one myself but would rather do it properly

Thanks

Dave

On my diesel, originally 2286, there is a rod runs across the bulkhead from drivers to passenger side, which comes off the throttle pedal. The original link to the inlet butterfly valve was there. On this end of the shaft, there are 2 levers. One is not fixed to the shaft, and connect via a rod to the back of the handthrottle. The other is fixed to the shaft, and has a projection which sits over the top of the loose crank. That way, when driving normally, the fixed lever works away quite happily on its own. When you're using the handle throttle, the loose link is trapped under the fixed link, and pushes it up, driving the shaft through it. You also see the drivers pedal go down.

Help?

Havent got Part numbers at work, might have at home, Can try and take a piccy too if you want when i get home tonight.