Front Spot Lamps, Concensus on fitting?

minivin

2. by a completely seperate switch so you can switch them on/off when needed.

But (at the risk of being pedantic) - they still have to be wired so the only are able to be switched on when main beam is on i.e. they will go off if you dip your lights........

What you can't do is have them so they can switched on and off at will with main beam off.

The neater solution is to do what I did with my discovery is (as you say in 1) just wired them so they came on with full beam and went off when I dipped.

As long as you wire through a relay taking the switch supply from the main beam all works fine and it doesn't overload anyhing.

But (at the risk of being pedantic) - they still have to be wired so the only are able to be switched on when main beam is on i.e. they will go off if you dip your lights........

Yes, maybe I should have added that to the reply at 2.

best way to do it is take a live feed from the main beam headlight wire, run it through an illuminated switch, then to a relay. the power cable can come straight from the battery via a fuse.

with this set up the lights will come on with your main beam headlights, and illuminate the switch, if you don't want them on, you can use the switch to break the circuit. i had 4 rooflights and a pair on the 'A' bar of my old 110 wired like this, looks cool when you flash someone and 8 lights come on....