Reverse Light Switch

Micky-Disco

I don't recall what model your Discovery is and I can't be bothered to look but if it is an LT77 box then yes it can, if it is an R380 box then no I don't think it can - time for a new reverse switch.

To adjust the old style switch (same as a diff lock switch) put the box into reverse and screw the switch in until the light just comes on. Too much, and the box will jump out of reverse as the switch body will obstruct the gear going right in. You may well need a new switch - the end wears away with time - but it is a cheap and easy fix.

I don't recall what model your Discovery is and I can't be bothered to look but if it is an LT77 box then yes it can, if it is an R380 box then no I don't think it can - time for a new reverse switch.

To adjust the old style switch (same as a diff lock switch) put the box into reverse and screw the switch in until the light just comes on. Too much, and the box will jump out of reverse as the switch body will obstruct the gear going right in. You may well need a new switch - the end wears away with time - but it is a cheap and easy fix.

Cheers BM, think it the R380 box in my '96 300

managed to locate the switch too...google is my friend lol :D

You can get at the switch from underneath easily enough - its all down to where you lie and where you put your arms up between the body and chassis. On mine (R380) when it did the same there was no washer under the switch so the only way to do it was a new switch - not too expensive and all in all it was only a 10 minute job - but thats prolly just down to the 'knack' of getting my arms etc in the right places.........

You can get at the switch from underneath easily enough - its all down to where you lie and where you put your arms up between the body and chassis. On mine (R380) when it did the same there was no washer under the switch so the only way to do it was a new switch - not too expensive and all in all it was only a 10 minute job - but thats prolly just down to the 'knack' of getting my arms etc in the right places.........

cheers for that, I need pics and diagrams of your positions LOL :P