Big help please

siearl

Good Morning all,

Need some help with the freelander. I posted the other day that i was having a few problems but these now have me more worried. The car has been parked up since the beginning of the month due to problems with my knees.

About 4 days before it was parked up it had an oil service and also the front discs and pads were replaced, I mention this incase it is relevant. My neighbour has kindly taken it out for me a few times to stop battery from discharging etc. I have now been told i am allowed to drive and having taken the car out the other day it was feeling like something was hoding it back and it was strugglig to accelerate, then after a very short distance it suddenly came back no problems and i had full power, this was monday, i used it briefly on tuesday evening with no problems and then again yesterday, i have just however moved it off the side of the road to its parking spot and again it is holding back, at first i thought it might have been the handbrake seizing on or something like that but now i am not to sure.

When i get power back i have no loud bangs, crashes or anything like that it seems to just suddenly start to accelarate away properly. Does anyone have any ideas as i am supposed to be going on holiday in about 2 weeks and that will inclde driving from High Wycombe Bucks up to Penrith so if it is likeyl to be something major need to get it fixed.

Many Thanks in advanced

Change the filter only costs about £8 i think and add a bottle of injection cleaner (stp or wynns) i find works well.

Just one thing be careful when taking pump out of the tank as you can easily break the fuel gauge sender as I did :(

must admit the manaul does say to unclip it before removing the pump from the tank lol

hth

Martin