1.8p cooling rebuild

magnum

I need to get better cooling on my fathers Freelander 1.8p 1999. There have been problem with this and I have heard you can 'rebuild' the cooling hoses and thermostat house so it is like the newer Freelander. Does anyone know what parts I will need?

Is this described on the Internet some place?

are you on about the modified thermostat as fitted to freelanders from 2001 onwards?

if so theres a hose that is a replacement for the radiator hoses which contains a modified thermostat, a blanking plate with a dummy thermostat and sealing ring for the old thermostat housing, the modified new expansion tank and cap replacement, nuts and studs mod with the modified green inlet gasket for the inlet manifold. All the parts come to about £80 but is worth doing....

are you on about the modified thermostat as fitted to freelanders from 2001 onwards?

if so theres a hose that is a replacement for the radiator hoses which contains a modified thermostat, a blanking plate with a dummy thermostat and sealing ring for the old thermostat housing, the modified new expansion tank and cap replacement, nuts and studs mod with the modified green inlet gasket for the inlet manifold. All the parts come to about £80 but is worth doing....

What is different on the modified expanison tank? Does it have a low level warning device?

What is different on the modified expanison tank? Does it have a low level warning device?

its a new design header tank with a ratchet cap design that vents pressure at 15 psi, no low level warning device although it would have been a good ideal!

its a new design header tank with a ratchet cap design that vents pressure at 15 psi, no low level warning device although it would have been a good ideal!

I fit an MGF header tank and a LoLarm kit. Now I get a warning when the coolant level drops. Unfortunately it does not have a delayed signal so it beeps briefly when I drive on bumpy roads. Better than not having an alarm, though.

MGFtankinFL.jpg

LoLarminFL.jpg