bosch injection pump

mobyone

hello guys, been a while since i have posted a query so here goes.

last month i bought a cheap disco in alot better nick than my current one albeit the engine was trout. they are both 300 tdi's however the newer on has the immobiliser on the pump.

so i swapped the engine from my old one and put it in the newer one.

sounds simple... well when i got it in, the older engine loom did not fit as the older one had a smaller white connector inside under dash(9 pins not 11), so i had to replace it with the newer engines loom so it all fitted together properly which was fairly straight forward.

now the problem is it wont start. all connectors are in except as my old engine had no immobiliser, i have a blue and a black connector which will both fit on the injection pump, which one should it be, i have tried both, but neither will get fuel spilling out at an injector union. i have read threads on here about putting 12v to the middle pin on immobiliser connector, but i dont have this on my pump so what could be causing this. by the way, the original engine had the blue connector to the pump and black to the immob.

over to you all, as i am getting impatient, and mostly wet from the rain...

richard

well, what a tool i am!!

i was so absorbed with the fact that there were now 2 conectors, i never looked at the pump. the solenoid was still there on the old type pump, suprise.

so i just connected the middle wire from the dds plug and away she went.

cheers for the help anyway guys.

richard.(the dumb ass)