Rear prophsaft for LR90 with rear sailsbury axle

My modified 90 was purchased with; firstly a salisbury axle, which changes the rear propshaft geometry, secondly its got a 3inch lift kit, which changes the geometry once again. - now I have an hunch that the propshaft fitted is incorrect (too long).

I'm trying to establish a grasp on prop shafts, what's correct length and what's not and how can you tell.

Does anyone know of a definitive guide that shows "standard" LR propshafts with there part number and there min/max lengths and flange fittings?

This is my 2nd line of enquiry, the first is the "propshaft clinic" - not heard back form them yet.

Cheers

Mav

A tape measure tells you how long the prop needs to be.

There is a link in the technical archive which lists a lot of propshaft lengths & part numbers, I think I actually started the thread.

I'd ditch the lift kit if possible just on principle.

Yeah I agree about the tape measure, but infortunatly I'm in Dubai at present and I'm doing as much "paper" planning as best i can before I get back and take the thing apart.

I thought I'd scowered the Tech archive, but not enough obviously, I found your prop shaft thread - just what I was looking for, thanks

I've collated all the comments into one table, when I've sorted it out I'll re-post and see if can get some more input for it.

Regarding the lift kit presently installed. Question. - What I have to do to change it back to Standard is change:

1)the springs

2)Dampers

3)front radius arms

4)rear bottom links

Is there anything else in there i will need to change out?

Cheers

Regarding the lift kit presently installed. Question. - What I have to do to change it back to Standard is change:

1)the springs

2)Dampers

3)front radius arms

4)rear bottom links

3 & 4 very much depend if those items were changed for the lift, some people don't bother. Depending how the lift was done there may be relocated (lowered) shock mounts or packing under the spring mounts, in which case take them away and bury them where they can do no more evil. Just my personal opinion of course. :ph34r:

in which case take them away and bury them where they can do no more evil. Just my personal opinion of course.

- not into lift kits are you! hehe, well in this case I'm inclined to agree, she looks fine when nunloaded, but as soon as you put anything in her, including me, she sags all over the shop.

I can confirm that the rear trailing arms have defo been upgraded, they've got the tell tail kink and a small L profile bar welded to the bottom to make them a little more rigid. Just pricing up dome HD springs and standard radius arms to bring her back down to sea level.