Traction Control Problem on D2

plantpot1961

• 5 months later...

Well, replaced the SLABS ECU but the problem still exist. I have noticed that when I have run it with this TC problem 3 of the 4 brake discs are hot. The rear off side disc is cold, so the brake is not being applied to this. Other than this it's back to sq 1.

I've now lost the will to live and thinking of buying a BMW....... :o

Hi,

There is a known problem with reading the SLABS ECU with the engine running on a TD5, Nanocom can supply an adaptor which (allegedly) cures the problem.

I have bought the adaptor (about £25) but haven't tried it yet and unfortunatley I'm a long way from you or we could have given it a try.

Scrumps

Hi. I had this very same problem in my Defender TC.... the pump suddenly started to shut (any tire could be the one in my case).... It was due to a wire in short with another of the bunch. It was the green and yellow and a black one coming from the pump loom. Take a look.....

Nanocom didn't reported anything wrong, because there is no failure, I suppose this wire activate the valve. After one week with this problem, pump finally die..... so go for a look. I discover the short little time after pump death.