Folding electric mirrors D2

elmscroft

Hi All,

We have a 51 plate D2 ES. Which doesn't have electric folding mirrors, as some have. Has anyone changed the door mirrors to electrically fold?

Is it just change the switch job? or more to it.

Many Thanks

Mike

I've not see this question before in the various LR forums. I would not think it to be a problem just replace the mirrors lay in another wire or two to power the folding servos and a switch to suit, job done.

But why woud you want to go to that expence? just do what you do now, I must fold my mirror in only once or twice a year:)

Hi

Not sure what's involved in fitting em, but I have them on my TD5 and I think they are great. I often park in the street outside my house and it's great just doing the power fold. I've often also folded them in when driving, passing other vehicles down narrow lanes etc.

Just wondering, should ES not have power fold as standard?

I remember when I got my car, it was about 6 months befor I realised I had power fold. I pushed the mirror adjuster button down by accident one day and got a nice suprise

Cheers, Andy