Hi

My Firsy posting!!

I have had many landrovers over the years Series 1 and Two and a couple of rangerovers.

Just purchased a realy nice Defender 1997 csw. (I hope!!) .

My Question is

When i bought it the guy told me that the CAT had been removed from the exhaust.He was told by his Machanic that it doesnt need one.

On the doc`s it has Date of first reg 18 / 09 / 2002 (decl/d manuf 1997 is this the reason ???

I dont mind about the Docs , but will I need to put the Cat back on when I MOT the Landy.

Cheers

Steve

My 2001 td5 has never had one, never been a problem with MOT's.

I'm sure that cats on diesels are much less of an issue at MOT time because the test is primarily for smoke and not all the other noxious stuff you get out of a petrol engine.

the only diesels that would need a cat are ones to meet euro 4 or 5 emissions requirments and your landy would never meet that and is to old to need to :)

so no worries :D

and as said above the only thing on mot is the smoke output not whats in the gas leaving the exhaust as in petrol tests.