lubricants

tonko007

hi all again so soon

im looking to do all the oils in the diffs and gear boxes but havent got a clue how hard this could be or which is the best oils to use or any filters that might need changing i have done the engine oil filters . so if there is anyone near by that would be interested in helping me i would be very grateful. or telling me how to do it on here many thanks again paul :rolleyes:

I did mine earlier this year - when i first brought the motor....

jumped underneath with a 17mm ring spanner.....took one look at the size of the sump plug and thought "im gonna need a bigger spanner" lol

its not a difficult job, just renowned as being the dirtiest of all servicing on the disco (the drain will be directly onto a gearbox supporting crossmember (i think thats what it is)so when the oil hits this, itll fly everywhere....so my advice is, expect spillage, and dont perform this task on a public road :o !!

I also put some molyslip in (an additive from halfords)....as my gearbox sounds like its flat out in reverse when driving along :rolleyes: ...its good stuff but not cheap - along with the correct transmission fluids...

Rich