Arrrgg Sprung a leak!

Well heres the story got my td5 mot'd after a spot of welding and was taking it home when i stopped and steam was rising from the bonnet.

so took a quick look under to find water bubbling out from under the turbo where the water pump is(well at least i think its the water pump)see its coming out from where the water system is bolted on to the engine block so i just thought it was an O ring problem but now seems to be a bit worse.

I put it into the garage to get fixed phoned today and now hes telling me that the casing has a hole in it whatever that means, saying its corroded from the inside? any how was wondering if this sort of thing has happened to anyone here? Going down to look at this suspect hole today see if hes not BS'in me.

And if its just something that needs bolted on i'm just going to take the landrover back and repair it my self.

Thanks keith.

Went and had a wee peek at it this morning and it looks like nothings even been taken off :/

So in less they have some magical x-ray specks then I dont see how they know theres a hole. Seeing as not one bolt or bit of crud has moved from that area then i dont see how they could have :)