Roll cage on my Defender 110 CSW

Some time ago I had an internal roll cage fitted to my Defender 110 CSW. The front vertical pieces are fitted at the point where the door frame divides front from second-row seats; the rear vertical bars bolt to the body just behind the rear door. Thus, the front cross section runs just behind the heads of the driver and front-seat passenger.

Given that in the event of rollover, the windscreen pillars are likely to collapse, I’m wondering if this configuration is in fact useful or whether it sets up the driver and front- seat passenger for something very nasty (second-row passengers appear to be well protected).

Should I get the cage modified in order to strengthen the roof over the heads of the driver and front-seat passenger?

I cant find any pictures... so i will try and explain!!

basically a bar comes from the hoop behind the driver, goes over the top of the door, and down to the floor in front of the dash. same each side. Then there is a bar that goes across the roof above the windscreen. some cages also have a bar that goes across the top of the dash.

Hope that makes sense, and helps!

I have an external front roll-cage and a roof rack I had to adjust the roof rack fixing brackets slightly but it still fits, One day when funds allow I am going to get a full external roll cage, looked into it an will just have to alter the roof rack brackets to fit onto the cage.

post-15513-126005201643_thumb.jpg