Going to 18" Disco or Range Rover Rims on my D2

Monster

Hi Guys,

I am looking into fitting some 18" alloy wheels to my D2.

I am aware i may need to use new nuts and spigot rings.

My question is this. i am sure i read somewhere that the offset or backspacing was different on Discovery rims, Range Rover P38 and Range Rover LM322. But there was no mention as to what it was!

I am hoping to fit some rims that stick out abit over stock. I can use spacers but would prefer to buy the rim and do it all in one go.

I currently have 16x8 6 spoke that has 6 3/4" backspacing.

Previously i would just buy a set of 8 spoke or modulars and use them as they have a reduced backspacing over genuine to give a bit of 'stick out'.

Any idea what the backspacing of the rims are?

Any body have some 18 wheels that they wouldnt mind measuring backspacing for me. (distance between hub mount and back edge of rim).

Am also interested in some 18s if you have them!

Thanks.

Why do you want 18s? Much poorer selection of tyres than 16s, and mostly more expensive. Rougher ride too but the roads on Asi are mostly tarmac from what I remember last time I was there so I guess that is less of an issue than here :)

AFAIK any of the alloys from the P38 RR will fit and I would guess the backspacing would be the same or similar as LR usually don't mess about with that sort of thing.

Why do you want 18s? Much poorer selection of tyres than 16s, and mostly more expensive. Rougher ride too but the roads on Asi are mostly tarmac from what I remember last time I was there so I guess that is less of an issue than here :)

AFAIK any of the alloys from the P38 RR will fit and I would guess the backspacing would be the same or similar as LR usually don't mess about with that sort of thing.

As far as I know the D2 rims are not compatible with any other Land Rover . Best bet would be BMW rims which will fit .

I also question why you would want to go bigger ? Only advantage is looks (maybe ? ) and high speed cornering (in a Disco TD5) .

Off road the bigger rims are a step backwards ...

Cheers Dave

As far as I know the D2 rims are not compatible with any other Land Rover . Best bet would be BMW rims which will fit .

I also question why you would want to go bigger ? Only advantage is looks (maybe ? ) and high speed cornering (in a Disco TD5) .

Off road the bigger rims are a step backwards ...

Cheers Dave

Hurricane alloys will go straight on or comet alloys, even stormer alloys go on without any problems

• 4 weeks later...