Wagtail 4x4

geoffbeaumont

Yep, been there twice for camping holidays (5 days each), if you are after things that are not too extreme you will find plenty of tracks, ascents, descents (not too big) and a nice wooded area to have a play about in, there is something for all levels TBH, but newbies won't have a problem finding stuff to do even in standard vehicles with muds/all terrains.... There's a couple of mud runs, one easy, one rather silly, see-saw (no I didn't try it). It's relatively small IMHO, with most of the off-road bits on the edges of the working farm, but with some guidance you could keep people entertained for ages.

There is ample chance to get stuck however, the ground is heavy but sandy clay outside of the woodland and sticks like nothing else... wooded area is better in this respect with more of a mulchy ground (if that's a word!) and even some areas with rubble put down to repair the surface.

A good number of the tracks are a quite hidden away behind trees, so get the owner (I forget his name) to give you a tour before taking the rest of them out

A couple of pics....

In the woodland:

P1020499.JPG

In one of the sticker bomb holes:

P1020504.JPG

If you are thinking about going camping, then ask to use the top field, if you get stuck in the bottom field then you are a long way from the portakabin loo, and the outside shower (AKA hosepipe -was lovely this summer but doubt you would want to do it this time of year!)

If it has been raining, expect it to be very wet, the site is in a valley with a river running down the bottom of the woodland.

Hope that helps somewhat :)

Anything else you need to know?

Bowie.

That's it, Charles :)

He has a 200TDi Camel Disco, and a 90 (that I saw), plus I think there are a few of his offspring running about in zukes, but doubt he would be getting you into those... I don't think there were many modifications to the trucks, nor that many others, however this instructional side of it is news to me, not sure how long he has been doing it... If you're not far, a trip down might be worth it.

:)

Albeit playdays, there are a few videos on Youtube: