Freelander 2 "Beep beep"

jonnymaserati

hi there

anyone know what it means if, within a couple of minutes of starting the car, you hear the "beep beep" warning but don't get any info on the dash display?

it's the same "beep beep" you hear when, for example, your washer fluid level is low, but in that example the info screen has the text "washer level low". this latest "beep beep" has no associated message.

it's happening every time i start the car but the timing seems a little random, but always within a few minutes of starting the car.

any ideas/suggestions?

regards... jonny

hi there

anyone know what it means if, within a couple of minutes of starting the car, you hear the "beep beep" warning but don't get any info on the dash display?

it's the same "beep beep" you hear when, for example, your washer fluid level is low, but in that example the info screen has the text "washer level low". this latest "beep beep" has no associated message.

it's happening every time i start the car but the timing seems a little random, but always within a few minutes of starting the car.

any ideas/suggestions?

regards... jonny

Im guessing with the current climate it could be ice warning which gives out a double beep beep it activates around +3 degrees and an ice symbol should flash up on the dash. If its not this you could phone your dealer or swing it round if its still under warranty

hope this helps

Im guessing with the current climate it could be ice warning which gives out a double beep beep it activates around +3 degrees and an ice symbol should flash up on the dash. If its not this you could phone your dealer or swing it round if its still under warranty

hope this helps

This is also what I think, I get this warning a lot these days.

Since we had a lot of snow and low temperatures, I also got some messages (but clearly displayed...) such as "HDC not available" etc., probably because of some sensors sunk deep down in snow. After the car is in movement and wheels cleared out of snow everything comes back to normal.

BTW, I have tested a the Terrain Response, it really works :-)

i also thought it might be a low temp warning, but the lowest it's been when i've started up has been 6 deg C on the display and as high as 18 dec C and still giving the beep. and nothing lights up on the dash.

interestingly though it hasn't done it the last couple of days (sod's law... stops the day i write on the forum) and the temp has warmed up a bit. don't suppose it keeps a log of night time temps and beeps if the temp dropped below the threshold in the past 24 hours (i.e. there might be ice on the road)?

i'll get them to run a diagnoses next time it's at the dealer.

maybe my middle east spec car has the temp threshold set higher... 6 degrees is cold here!

i can also vouch for the terrain response... traction on the car is very good offroad, the constraint is the lack of clearance and lack of articulation. it seemed pretty decent in sand (the revs stay nice and high around 5000 rpm) and i've been on some pretty rough tracks with no problems (although reversing seems to be an issue). not sure about performance in snow, at least not combined with steep angles and turns... i got the "operating over limits" light flashing up, but to be fair i was using standard tires so not a lot of traction.

FL2's are probably different but my FL1 does something like that when the remote keyfob battery is low, took me a while to work out what it was :unsure:

Thanks to your reply I found something new about my FL2! This is what I found in the owner manual (which, of course, i did NOT read carefully...):

Remote battery

The remote control batteries are recharged

when the remote is docked and the engine is

running. For this reason it is recommended

that each remote is used for a minimum of four

hours every six months. This will ensure that

the batteries are kept charged and ready for

use.

... so I should read the manual, indeed :-)

Viorel

Thanks to your reply I found something new about my FL2! This is what I found in the owner manual (which, of course, i did NOT read carefully...):

Remote battery

The remote control batteries are recharged

when the remote is docked and the engine is

running. For this reason it is recommended

that each remote is used for a minimum of four

hours every six months. This will ensure that

the batteries are kept charged and ready for

use.

... so I should read the manual, indeed :-)

Viorel

that's very interesting... thank you! i never knew that and certainly something i should consider for the spare key that i have tucked safely away in a drawer that i don't use... but doesn't answer for my "beep beep", since i use that key every day!