2.5 petrol fuel pump

rambo19

I have tried fitting a mechanical fuel pump to my 2.5 petrol, but the lever does not seem to engage on the cam lobe, so a few questions;

Is the block and cam the same on the 2.5 petrol and 2.5 n/a diesel.

Has anyone used a mech pump on a 2.5 petrol.

Has anyone used an electric pump on a 2.5 petrol.

cheers peeps.

I have, but this was a long time ago. I think the plate that bolts on to the block needs to be thinner, to bring it closer to the cam. potentially use the original 2.5 plate and cut some holes to make it work. I think that was the solution, but have a look if that works first.

Daan

My 90 has an electric fuel pump external to the tank located in the wheelarch in front of the rear drivers side wheel. That was on a 2.25, but it now runs my v8 so should run a 2.5...

Microcat says part number PRC3901 for the pump, and NRC7284 for the mounting plate- although when mine rotted through i made my own.

i would take a pic but i reckon its probably just a big block of frozen slush at the mo!

I have, but this was a long time ago. I think the plate that bolts on to the block needs to be thinner, to bring it closer to the cam. potentially use the original 2.5 plate and cut some holes to make it work. I think that was the solution, but have a look if that works first.

Daan

I must admit, that is what I thought, i'm going to try and get a spare cover plate and drill out the holes.