Any One Running 245/70 On Standard Rrc

Mean Green

yet another question!

I am thinking about a new set of boots for the Rangie - (If I ever get it to run right!).

As it will be a second set that will also go on the Defender I am thinking along the lines of 235/75/16 or 245/70/16 Colway MT's.

235's should not be a problem.

But what about 245's, I am told (by Fisha) that 245 is as big as you can go on a standard set up.

Is anyone running 245? Do they rub arches or restrict turning circle?

Mean Green,

I've got 245/75 BFG All Terrains on a Rangie with new springs and bushes all round. They are on steel Disco rims and indeed rub on the radius arms on turning. I've not had it fully crossed but would expect it to rub a bit on the rear at least.

Greg

I have 245x75 Falkens on Kermit (Blue 78 Diesel) early Disco alloy rims (same as RRC), before I bought them the garage agreed to fit & cross axle it by using jacks. Cleared everything OK just but you will loose a bit of steering lock.

If Stephen can find the locking nut key you are welcome to try them. I can give him directions of where the lock key is in the garage.

Greg

I have 245x75 Falkens on Kermit (Blue 78 Diesel) early Disco alloy rims (same as RRC), before I bought them the garage agreed to fit & cross axle it by using jacks. Cleared everything OK just but you will loose a bit of steering lock.

If Stephen can find the locking nut key you are welcome to try them. I can give him directions of where the lock key is in the garage.

Thanks Niall.

I might take you up on that Offer, it would be handy to know what they would be like before parting with £££.

I will let you arrange it with Stephen.

MG,

The only note of caution I would add is: I had 245's on my Disco and statically, everything was fine although close. (Crossed on ramps).

However, hit an obstruction with a bit of speed and the rear wheels have the ability to catch the rear sills...

I suppose the bushes provide a bit of fwd/aft flex and in the worst case, this seems to be worth a couple of inches.

Right that's it you lot, one thing extracting the waste liquid out of me but taking it out of my trusty old hound is another, it's a good job he cant find his prescription glasses or he might read this, and anyway it a bit of plastic conduit not a stick.