ABS/TC

Can anyone help, 2003 90XS WABCO ABS fitted.

Before Christmas ABS & TC warning lights came on, also some weird intermittent sounds from the wheels (I think) sounds like when geese fly overhead and start calling to each other during dusk. I have had no problems regards braking or anything like that, but over the last few weeks the noise has gotten more prominent, especially when it is cold, (seem to remember a few years ago when cold this happened but then went away).

The sounds are not constant but do tend to appear more often when turning than straight on, but my son thinks it could be the clutch as when the sound appears and the clutch is depressed it stops. Now have a NANOCOM and it records a fault :17-07 Shuttle valve switch failure.

The fault cannot be cleared. Searching the internet an American site mainly Discovery have had this problem but no mention of Defenders having this problem.

So I would appreciate any comments and helpful advice before maybe forced to travel a distance to main dealer, our local one closed down.

Regards

Dennis

What sort of goose is it? Ours go honk honk brrrrrr :)

Shuttle valve is an internal modulator fault - needs a new or overhauled modulator. If you do a search, somewhere on here a few months ago somebody mentioned a supplier that overhauled these for far more sensible money than the £1000+ required for a new one.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I bought a second hand one from a forum member, £250.00 I seem to recall the shuttle valves were a couple of micro switches underneth the unit and were available for Disco 2's but not the Defender 110, I believe the 90 was a different unit to the 110 so they may be available...

In saying, all this my lights have been on for months but go out when it's heavy rain, so a loose or chaft cable I think, mot this week so will have to get to the bottom of it...

Hope this helps,

db