D1 V8i "Flat" ?

bandy

My Discovery appears to misfire ever so slightly when cold but clears once warmed up.

Although once warm and at idle and the throttle is blipped it seems to hold back before revs increase.

Any ideas ? I have changed plugs,leads,rotor arm,and distibutor cap recently.

I suspect that a responsible adult may come along and identify what may be wrong on the basis of this information, but for me, it may be helpful to have a little more detail about this bit -

"throttle is blipped it seems to hold back"

the amount of time? Do the engine revs decrease for a short period?

Couple of stabs in the dark at the moment - Have you checked the timing? Is the vacuum pod on the throttle for the advance/retard loose? If you disconnect the tube on the vacuum and suck on it, does the distributor end cause rotation?

HTH

Is the throttle pot (throttle position sensor) working OK & correctly set st base idle ?

The sensor determines the amount the throttle was opened and the speed at which it was opened for the ECU to provide acceleration enrichment (AE) ……… if the 8 pots don’t get an extra dose of fuel when you snap open the loud peddle, then you get a delayed action response (flat response).