Disco price

Tufty

Hi all. Anyone got any idea how much I should expect to pay for a 97 - 98 Disco ES with mileage under 80k? V8 versus 300 TDI? Cheers.

well, i've just bought a '96 300Tdi disco, 100K, FSH, air-con for £2200!! there seams to be no structure to the pricing of secondhand disco's..... :rolleyes:

but...

ES models do go for a bit more than base models (mines a basic model, what i wanted) i bought privatly, but i saw similar models, both privatly and through the trade for as much as 4K!!!

personally i reckon, 5k for a nice 97 ES, the V8's are worth less than the diesels, i value proper service history as highly as miles travelled...

best way to research is spend hours on autotrader and exchange and mart websites...

no substitute for legwork i'm afraid....

check them sites every day, they are updated each morning, mine had only been up a few hours...

get out and see a few aswell, it'll give you a better idea.

at the end of the day, go with your head, not your heart, personally i don't like the ES ones, to many needless toys, too much to go wrong, and if the airbags deploy its a write off. (yeah, i know they could save your life, blah, blah)

anything is only worth what you are willing to pay for it.

Yeh, I agree between 7k (dealer) and 5K (private) for a 300tdi. But I recon a good 300tdi ES should sell for 6k privately.

I think freeagent got a bit of a bargin there!

My uncle has just sold his 1999 (basic 'entry' model) 300tdi and they offered him 5k trade in so, stick a bit on that for their mark up, a few hundred or so for ES and I think go hunting with 6k in your pocket, and spend the change on beer!!!! :lol:

When you find out please let me know cos i have had my disco up for sale on other forums for a while now with no luck :(

Have made it open to offers :blink: .There seems to be a vast difference in pricing of discos now compared to a few years ago when you could guess the price to within £500! on most.Especially when you see a LR mag with a 97 tdi xs as a prize that they value at £7500 :lol:

Paul

I sold my Disco a year back, took eight weeks and it went to the only guy who enquired. Seems that you can see plenty of adverts asking £6k for a base-spec 200Tdi but it'll be the same advert every week, because nobody's buying.

My 1994 300Tdi ES went for £4300 in the end, but I spent nearly £200 advertising the thing in the end.

anyone who already runs a V8 ninety and a 6.2 litre rangie has little to learn from a fool like me.. ;)

Ho ho - a fool such as I... I no longer own the 6.2 GMC Rangie - I sold it to a mate. Yes, I know, fatal! He seems happy though. I replaced the Rangie with a cheap 2 litre Mondeo, which is nice, but in the long run, just isn't really a replacement! I'm not sure I can be happy with just the one Landy. I have to admit that the ES idea stems from a childish desire to cheese off an acquaintance of mine who chucked his teddy out of the pram when I turned up in a nice shiny (£900 and on an 'E' plate!) Range Rover just because he didn't bother to tax his and had it towed and crushed! I'm sure a nice XS would suffice for that purpose though... That is the one with the half leather and logo cloth, isn't it?