i found a 88" series 3

gee1599

hi i have found a series3 its a hard top with mint doors and tailgate body work few dents etc it starts and drives (starter motor dont work) but started with crank handle needs some welding to out riggers but comes with new ones but he is asking for me to make a offer but i dont know what they are worth whats a rough price guide ??? any help what do you think i should offer him ??

for got to add its a 1974 88" swb bulk head is solid has 4 brand new tyres 235/85x16 insa turbos on wella wheels he needs it gone by the week end so should get it quite cheep ??? but dont know what there worth

it has free wheeling hubs and overdrive been over the chassia with a hammer it only needs to outriggers which come with it also both doors and tailgate are like brand new not even a pin dent in them i dont have any pics but he needs it gone by saturday so should get it cheep but i dont wont to pay over the odds i also drove it and it drives realy well what would you say the max cost would be ???

The overdrive is worth money on or off the vehicle, I know of someone that purchased an S111 for £300 with an overdrive in it whipped the overdrive out and sold it for just over £400.

In all fairness the money sounds like its in the tires and now the overdrive, free wheeling hubs are a bonus to you but dont really do much for the seller.

If you go in low and can always come up a bit.

I think I'd be pitching things around the £350-£400 knowing you could sell on the overdrive unit if the worst things happened and you woulnt be out of pocket.

Things are only worth what someone is prepaired to pay for them at the end of the day.

Hope that helps you