1998 petrol Disco 1 UJ's - are front same as rear?

pw8757

I need a bit of urgent advice - having got the car up on stands to change what I thought was a problem with the rear propshaft UJ's, I now discover that the real culprit is the front UJ which is, frankly, sloppy and probably about to fail.

I have a natural inclination to change things in pairs, so I have bought two UJ's from the main dealer.

The box has RTC 3458 on it, the dealer sold me Defender UJ's with a separate grease nipple because they are cheaper (Hey! This is Yorkshire after all!)

Two questions - given the dealer is now shut...............

Can I replace a single UJ if I want to or do I have to do both?

Also - will these be OK for the front propshaft?

Thanks

Lucky you, in my parts book the rear uj's are RTC4587 but then numbers can change. RTC3458 is correct for the front.

There will be no problems in doing just one uj, but as you have the prop removed and have the time go for it and replace both, I would.

All uj's for the D1 have grease nipples.

Outstanding!

Thanks for the quick response TB - I will be doing both front ones now - the rears can wait another day...................

Just goes to show the benefits of this over other forums - I only had time for a quick bite of lunch before the reply I needed was in.......... :)