A couple of things please...

Anglo-Frenchman

HI,

My dad in the UK has recently bought a 2001 V6 Freelander SE. He has asked me a couple of questions about the model but as my own Land Rover experience extends only to Defenders and Discoveries, I was hoping that one the Freelander gurus here may have the answers!

- He wants to have a tow bar fitted and has been told by various folk that the Freelander doesn't have an indicator warning light on the dash for when the trailer is connected but rather relies on an audible buzzer in the back. Is this correct?

- He also would like to know what the SE model actually is - as in what differentiates it from other models of the same year?

- Finally, he'd like to know the maker of the engine. Is its Rover V6 or some other manufacturer?

Thanks a lot.

HI,

My dad in the UK has recently bought a 2001 V6 Freelander SE. He has asked me a couple of questions about the model but as my own Land Rover experience extends only to Defenders and Discoveries, I was hoping that one the Freelander gurus here may have the answers!

- He wants to have a tow bar fitted and has been told by various folk that the Freelander doesn't have an indicator warning light on the dash for when the trailer is connected but rather relies on an audible buzzer in the back. Is this correct?

- He also would like to know what the SE model actually is - as in what differentiates it from other models of the same year?

- Finally, he'd like to know the maker of the engine. Is its Rover V6 or some other manufacturer?

Thanks a lot.

Are you sure it's not an ES? I don't think they introduced an SE trim level until late 2003 with the facelift, but it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong, lol. The ES was basically the top of the range between late 2000 and late 2003, with leather interior, air con, sunroof, ect.

If you really want to scare yourself have a look at this http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.f0a0493/ its an American forum for disgruntled landrover owners. Most of the US Freelanders were V6s. There are even people on youtube asking for support in class action law suits against land rover north america. We think we have bad dealers................