Need Some Advice Please??

KKMobile

Hi all would like your opinion on the matter as there are alot of you doing the comps & i've only done a few!

I am looking at maybe getting some bluetooth headset intercom's for the co driver & myself but not sure which ones to go for??

Was looking at the Scala rider teamset but heard there not that good?? and they recomended the Scala Q2's?? what's your thoughts??

But i have also seen these & there cheaper! but don't know anyone that uses them / knows about them: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250566114357&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Could i have some thoughts on this please. As the co driver is complaining about the wires getting in the way on the 2 way system we have used with VOX switch on.

Regards Kev

Or save another £20 quid by using military surplus ear defenders at about £2.50 a pair (got mine from Anchor supplies at one of the shows...) The headsets are very easy to mount and very comfortable to wear as well.

Think your right to ask as there are new ones out there but i think they are about £500 so a bit rich for me as the "old" ones work fine. I think the new ones do 4 way if you are doing team events but that would be 1k for two sets. Ouch.Thought the old ones were about £200 from Gwyn Lewis but i try to forget.

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers for the advice guys!! on recomendation i have got some :D

Has anyone got any pics of how to fit them(the best way) into ear drfenders?? Have had a search through the old posts & found one with some pics but they were mounted on the outside! thought you could fit them inside??

Any pointers????? :blink:

You have to mount the unit on the outside, but the ear pieces/speakers fit on the inside, otherwise you will not fit your ear inside the defenders...

There is a thread HERE which might be the one you are already looking at...

Yea that was the one i found. <_<