Eberspacher 701 7 Day Timer

Gavin Hatton

Hey All,

I've been looking at Eberspacher night heaters for some time now and due to different people saying different things I've become a little confused.

Firstly I'm looking to get a D2, simply as there seems to be more of these about than the D1LC. The confusion comes from the fact that apparently some of these units will only run for 1 hour at a time before shutting down, where as I'm after a unit that will run continually.

Having read the Eberspacher manual for the 701 series 7 day timer it says it can provide continual running but a Eberspacher dealer on eBay states that a D2 he's currently selling with a 701 controller will only run for 1 hour at a time?

Anyone who has a Eberspacher night heater (D1LC or D2) that mite know otherwise please let me know,

All comments/suggestion and info welcome,

Thanks,

Gavin

Note that when working with the controller, remove the fuse to both the heater and the controller before you unplug the controller.

Failure to do this is likely to blow the controller circuits as they are quite delicate. I know this 'cos I had to replace a controller before!

Martin