300TDi EGR

Ive been thinking about removing the EGR valve for a while and was looking at it last weekend.

The actual blanking part sounds reasonably easy as long as the bolts come out.

The question ive got tho is this; What should i do with the connection thats on the top?

Cheers

Tris

i left the whole lot in there and just made a solid metal 3mm thick gasket to go in the top part between the inlet hose and flexi pipe to the turbo.

seals it totally and looks completely standard and doesnt require 2 blanking plates - or one blanking plate and purchase of a 200tdi top hose.

I think you may find it easier to undo the bolts if you start them at least when it's rather warm. And there'll probably be a fair bit of crud to extract from the manifold, the sort of thing that pipe smokers do. I'd say go with the new hose unles you have a need to conceal its absence, and don't forget to block off the vacuum feed from the servo pipe.

Nigel

i bought one of these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270346285863&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

due to me being mechanically inept (but learning!) and it was super easy.

plenty of penetrating spray the night before, good quality 6mm allen key and it came undone with a bit of straining! loads of black gunk inside the manifold. the kit even has a little rubber bung to block off the servo feed.