TD5 Defender upper svivel pin bearing

Petes

Hi Western,

Thanks for the images, but I can categorically say my 01 non ABS 90 has the TAR000150 kit with the seperate roller section 0xactly as shown in item 25 in the first scan. I changed them recently and had to reuse those as I bought 606666 and they were totally wrong. Frustrating as everything else was new. Swivels, CV's axles etc etc

I am not the only one as I have seen at least one other TD5 Defender recently without ABS which was exactly the same.

Seems LR's parts books arent exactly correct. (or they had too many of one type on build ad used them for both maybe)

Rgds

Pete

I suspect that for certain markets that do not require ABS to comply with the country's vehicle regs, LR used the ABS pins on non-abs vehicles to either cover for a lack of supply or as a production line expediancy to get the vehicles built & dispatched.

provided you've got the parts you need thats all that matters.

I suspect that for certain markets that do not require ABS to comply with the country's vehicle regs, LR used the ABS pins on non-abs vehicles to either cover for a lack of supply or as a production line expediancy to get the vehicles built & dispatched.

provided you've got the parts you need thats all that matters.

Fair point. My car is a UK one just to add. I exported it here. The second one I saw was an Australian one.

• 5 years later...

Hi,

I bought the 2882 bearing setup, and during fitting noticed my old swivel pin was 100040 type... oops. Question is, is it ok to run the older style setup when my housing should have the newer version?

I installed it all, set the preload etc, all looks and feels ok, but stopped there until I can get someones advice on whether to use it, or order up the correct part and strip everything back again.

Cheers

TD5 Defender 2004