300tdi enine wiring help!

Hi All,

I am looking for someone to help with wiring up my Defender. I 'think' I have most of it right but there are some wires which don't have anywhere to go and some terminals which have no wires. I thought it would 'all come together' but now I'm confused. Has anyone got pics of the loom in place? Is there anyone local who wouldn't mind me looking under their bonnet? I don't have EGR fitted so it should be easy.

Basically, I don't think I have the alternator or the starter motor wired correctly, and which one is the stop solenoid wire? There are thee wires on the front left hand side (when looking from the front) one is a female bullet type connection (I've got that one right). One is for the stop solenoid, (not sure which) and one is for.....?

Yours truly confused...

Hi All,

I am looking for someone to help with wiring up my Defender. I 'think' I have most of it right but there are some wires which don't have anywhere to go and some terminals which have no wires. I thought it would 'all come together' but now I'm confused. Has anyone got pics of the loom in place? Is there anyone local who wouldn't mind me looking under their bonnet? I don't have EGR fitted so it should be easy.

Basically, I don't think I have the alternator or the starter motor wired correctly, and which one is the stop solenoid wire? There are thee wires on the front left hand side (when looking from the front) one is a female bullet type connection (I've got that one right). One is for the stop solenoid, (not sure which) and one is for.....?

Yours truly confused...

Fridge will do it for you :lol::ph34r:

1)stop solenoid is white with push on spade. Goes on back of FIP

2)brown with yellow trace for alternator field small push on. Not W terminal (tacho)

3)starter solienoid: white with red trace from starter relay.

4)bluey greeny wire is for engine temp sensor bullet connector.

Big thick red/brown wires are battery

Earth strap

Dont think there are any other complicated wires on 300tdi non-egr. Thats the way ah..ha..ah..ha I like it.......

Pete