LSE soft dash Diagnostics

heath robinson

Hi.

My dad's LSE soft-dash needs the ABS re-setting and the traction control looked at, but our local Landy mechanics (Faultless in everything else but this, I hasten to add) can't get the thing to talk to any of their diagnostic gear. The old diagnostic stuff says it's too new, and the newer gear says it's too old...

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Jake

Hi.

My dad's LSE soft-dash needs the ABS re-setting and the traction control looked at, but our local Landy mechanics (Faultless in everything else but this, I hasten to add) can't get the thing to talk to any of their diagnostic gear. The old diagnostic stuff says it's too new, and the newer gear says it's too old...

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Jake

is it the fact that the dash lights for the abs and tc are lit, if so it could be a wheel bearing that needs replacing adjusting....just a thought

Thanks Tinker, I'll have a look.

From memory, the ABS light came on first, as while dad was up country a while ago, a garage clouted the ABS sensor while fixing a ball-joint. The sensor has since been replaced, but the light won't go out until you've plugged the thing in to the thingamajig (To quote the service manual).

I'm not sure what the TC light is about, or when it appeared, but I think it was more recent than the ABS.

I'll have a shoofty at the wheel bearings as a precaution though.

Thanks

That's the best kind of answer... "Well, if several hundred pounds-worth or electronics won't do it, you could always try a paper-clip ;) "

Remove blue Blue ABS relay, insert paper clip between black and black/pink on connector. Ignition on.

read codes

Look up codes here... Fault Codes

This site has both codes for ECU faults, and the immortal words "Nothing shown on display - Either nothing is wrong or the display is broken." :blink:

As soon as he gets back, I'm going to set about his electrics with miscellaneous stationary :D

Thanks guys.

Hi.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Jake

Never had any problems in using my T4 TestBook on an LSE Soft Dash. So I would find someone with TestBook who knows how too and has the correct leads and software. Not very good mechanics to break an ABS sensor!! If you visit the Isle of Man I'll do it for you.