Not working heated window

Ok I am flumuxed!

I have both a heated windscreen and rear window, wired into the same switch. Now these have always worked fine, however this winter they seem to have stopped, most annoying it is.

Now while changing the speedo cable today I have had a good look around, but as far as I can see everything is fine, no fuses blown you press the switch and the dash light comes on.

So why is it not working? Any ideas?

the rear heated screen runs via a relay & a voltage sensitive switch [looks like a relay] both a behind the 3 rocker switch panel & the main instrument pack, you'll find them attached to the bulkhead in the corner, the VSR box is yellow. if both screens are using the same relay it's probably fried it self.

You can't miss them, the fit into a plastic plug that sits on a bracket on the bulkhead,

On that vintage of vehicle (1989) the VSR will be behind the instrument cluster, but the HRW relay (if the standard LR optional wiring was used, as shown in Ralph's diagram) should be behind the metal bracket the fuse boxes sit on. One of the wires to this relay will be a thickish white / black one.I'd deffo split the HRW and HFW onto two relays, with a fuse for each.

On that vintage of vehicle (1989) the VSR will be behind the instrument cluster, but the HRW relay (if the standard LR optional wiring was used, as shown in Ralph's diagram) should be behind the metal bracket the fuse boxes sit on. One of the wires to this relay will be a thickish white / black one.I'd deffo split the HRW and HFW onto two relays, with a fuse for each.

Nope, mines a '89 110 & it's rear heated screen relay & VSR unit are behind the dash in the right hand corner as I posted, the wiring isn't long enough to locate the relay at the fusebox,

Nope, mines a '89 110 & it's rear heated screen relay & VSR unit are behind the dash in the right hand corner as I posted, the wiring isn't long enough to locate the relay at the fusebox,

Hmmm, suspect previous owneritis with mine then .... :angry: