was it a series land rover?

boggy-uk

land rover lascenced them to make spanis versions almost EXACTLY the same, years and years ago, they aslo made some improvements to the designs and they developed a 6cyl diesel which bolts straight into series etc. land rover stopped their lisencing a while ago because they were worried that santana might get a bit better than land rover. this is why the defender versions look a bit different. for copyright reasons. the headlight surround is thinner and theres a square headlight/indicaor unit underneath it. but it is still esentially a land rover. the defender versions did also use parabolic leaf springs though

the defender versions did also use parabolic leaf springs though

What are you on about? :huh:

Anyway, the Santana PS10 (now rebranded under Iveco as the Massif) is arguebly the current "model" of what was the Leaf-sprung Land Rover. I like them, 2.8 Iveco TD up front, earlier versions utilised the infamous and super strong Santana LT85 main gearbox. If I'm not mistaken, I think they even retained the selectable two and four wheel drive!

I think in places they can be quite a competitor to the Land Rover Defender. Should be interesting if they suffer from EU regulations on crash impacts or not, if they don't then they could take over completely from what the Defender's current market is I think.

Here's a

of the six cylinder that mikey mentioned. 2.25 diesel with an extra two cylinders added. I like and want to know what the petrol version (if there was one) would be like. :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

...they developed a 6cyl diesel...

The 6cyl diesel is a great engine! Also the 2286 diesel turbo.

6 cyl

3429 cc diesel: 95 HP

3429 cc petrol: 104 HP

4 cyl

2286 cc turbo diesel: 75 HP

The Spanish's also add power steering, discs brakes and parabolics on series.